A cookie is a small text file that is placed on your computer or internet device when you visit one of our websites (“Sites”). Cookies will contain the domain (website) from which the cookie has come and will have a certain lifespan. The lifespan of a cookie on your computer or mobile device depends on whether it is a “persistent” or “session” cookie. Session cookies will only stay on your device until you stop browsing. Persistent cookies stay on your computer or mobile device until they expire or are deleted.
Cookies assist us to operate our Services and Sites, and to enhance and customise your experience across our Sites, perform analytics and deliver advertising and marketing material that is relevant to you. Our servers receive and record information about your computer, device, and browser, including potentially your IP address, browser type, and other software or hardware information. If you access our Services from an internet device, we may collect a unique device identifier assigned to that device, geolocation data, or other transactional information from that device. We may place cookies on your device if they are strictly necessary for the operation of the Sites otherwise we may need your permission. You consent to the use of our cookies if you continue to use the Sites.
There are also cookies set by third parties across our Sites and Services. Third party cookies enable third party features or functionality to be provided on or through our Site, such as advertising, interactive content and analytics. They enable us to use advertising networks to manage our advertising on other websites.
We use the following cookies:
- Strictly necessary cookies. These are cookies that are required for the operation of our Sites. They include, for example, cookies that enable you to log into secure areas of our Sites.
- Analytical/performance cookies. They allow us to recognise and count the number of visitors and to see how visitors move around our Sites when they are using it. This helps us to improve the way our Sites work, for example, by ensuring that users find what they are looking for easily.
- Functionality cookies. These are used to recognise you when you return to our Sites. This enables us to personalise our content for you, greet you by name and remember your preferences.
- Targeting cookies. These cookies record your visit to our Sites, the pages you have visited and the links you have followed, so we can deliver a more personalised service to you in the future.
You can find more information about the individual cookies we use and the purposes for which we use them in the table below. The types of cookies we use may change so please check this notice regularly to make sure you are up to date.
Strictly Necessary Cookies
|_cfduid||CloudFlare||Used by the content delivery network to identify trusted web traffic.||1 Year|
|JWPlayer||Used by our video platform to provide the best possible video quality based on your device and network settings.||Session|
|PHPSESSID||WordPress||To store your state between pages, such as the status of a form submission, comment or login session.||Session|
|I, snowplowOutQueue_aamsitecertifier_cf||Alliance for Audited Media||Alliance for Audited Media authenticates publishers’ circulation and cross-media data as well as technology platforms||Session|
|Google Doubleclick for Publishers, AdWords, AdSense||Google services to help us show you relevant and interesting adverts||Session – 2 Years|
|Bcookie, BizoID, bscookie, lang, lidc, UserMatchHistory||
Used by LinkedIn to track use of embedded services
|Varies from Session to 2 years|
|_at.cww, _at.hist, _atuvc, _atuvs, at-lojson-cache, at-rand, edgebucket, mus||Addthis||Provides social sharing features on our site. You can also opt-out via Addthis Privacy Opt-out||Varies from session – 2 years|
How to control and delete cookies
The majority of web browsers accept cookies automatically. To remove the cookies on your PC, delete the temporary internet files and/or cookies in the options, tools or settings section of your browser. Note that if you set your browser to disable cookies (including strictly necessary cookies), you may not be able to access certain parts of our Sites and other parts of our Sites may not work properly.
You can manage your cookie settings by following your browser’s instructions. Here are some links that might be of assistance:
- Google Chromehttps://support.google.com/chrome/answer/95647?co=GENIE.Platform%3DDesktop&hl=en
- Microsoft Internet Explorerhttps://support.microsoft.com/en-nz/help/17442/windows-internet-explorer-delete-manage-cookies
- Mozilla Firefoxhttps://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/enable-and-disable-cookies-website-preferences
If you wish to obtain more information about how your previous usage of the Internet may be used to determine the ads that you see when you use the Services, go to https://www.google.com/settings/ads and to opt out of receiving this type of advertising go to https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout/ .
You can find out more information cookie settings at third-party information sites, such as http://www.aboutcookies.org/